Saturday, May 23, 2009

Painting the Walls - Almost

I have to say - I've been thankful Madison never 'painted the walls' with the contents of her diaper. But she pulled her own version today. Matt & I went in late this morning to get her up from her nap. I put my hand on the edge of the crib and it felt wet - slippery even. At the same time, Matt says, "Has she been sweating?" Madison's hair and face and dress appeared damp... and shiny. And we realized -- Vaseline. There's a little flower pot on the dresser near her crib with vaseline, a comb, lotion, etc. Apparently, her arm has grown long enough that she can now reach the dresser and the things sitting on top. She managed to get the little pot and all its contents into her crib and smear half of the container of Vaseline all over everything. (Thankfully it was a travel size container! Phew!) We said to Madison (seriously but not too sternly) "No no, this was not good. You don't touch those things." And her bottom lip popped out & trembled & she started crying. I asked Matt, "You want to clean the kid or the crib?" He opted to give Madison a bath (which was a challenge since the water was beading off her greasy body) and I washed down the crib & dresser contents. Ugh, what a hassle. But it could've been worse -- it could've been baby lotion (which is colored not clear) or diaper contents (horrors). And despite having to clean up that extra mess, I'm at least consoled that both girls pooped in the potty today, and I haven't had to change a poopy diaper all day!

1 comment:

Niecey said...

Haha, yeah it could have been a lot worse. Still not fun. But it sure cold have been worse (been there, done that!)