Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy 9 Months!

My little baby is 9 months old! It's amazing to think we have had her outside the womb now for the same amount of time she was inside.

Her new favorite thing to do: tear up newspaper. Hey, it's cheap entertainment!



As of today, she is also officially pulling herself up. She had been pushing herself into a standing position before (like when I'm sitting on the floor and she pushes herself up holding onto my leg). Today she pulled herself into a standing position at her saucer, then she stood there for a couple mintues playing with the toys on top. Later I held my hand out to her, and she pulled herself up and started to try to walk forward! She took about 5 or 6 steps (holding onto my hands) before plopping back onto the floor. Good grief, she hasn't even been crawling all that long! Matt said he was walking at 9 months. Since Madison is already trying & she just turned 9 months, I think we can be pretty sure she's going to follow in Daddy's footsteps... literally.

5 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Happy 9 months Meredith! You are getting so be such a little girl!

le Duc said...

Wow. Big step! (No pun intended.) And she is such a cutie, too! You will have your hands full now...

Sarah M. said...

What the heck... Why did I call her Meredith? forgive me. I didn't even know I did that. I'm so embrassed. I KNOW her name is Madison. :-p Awwww I feel like a jerk.

Happy 9 months MADISON!

Kinsleys5 said...

Heh, yeah that did have me scratching my head. ;-) I thought you must know some other little one named Meredith. That's ok - it's the thought that counts! ;-)

Sarah M. said...

Actually, I think what happened was right before I visited your blog I was reading another blog where the 2.5 year old is named Meredith and my brain just blipped. Ugh.. I'm so embrassed.