Monday, January 28, 2008

Stressed, Blessed & Catatonic

The packing & moving process is coming along slowly -- I'm already pretty stressed out trying to get everything done, or rather, doing the mental summersaults to think through how to get it all done. I keep saying, 'And THIS is why we haven't moved before now.' Yeah our apartment here is pretty small, especially after having Madison, but I think I'd rather have a tooth pulled than go through this moving process again... and we're not even halfway through it yet! NO fun.

This morning I am a zombie after getting less than 3 hours of sleep last night. It been a rough & busy weekend, and instead of getting rested up last night, I'm worse off this morning. We didn't go to bed til late, then Madison decided to wake up at 2:30am and 3:30am, crying for 45 min. on the 2nd waking & refusing to go back to sleep. After that, I never fell asleep again. :-( So I'm very grumpy today. :-P

Ah but there are little highlights and blessings amidst the turmoil and chaos. Madison celebrated her 6 month birthday yesterday! It seems nearly impossible that a half year has gone by since she joined our family. She has turned into such a sweet little snuggly doll -- I don't know what we'd do without her.

Madison LOVES tags -- whether it's on plush toys, blankets or clothes -- she'd rather play with the tag than the toy itself --



Wow... was it that long ago? I didn't notice her getting so big!


2 comments:

Trina said...

Jesse has a thing about tags, too! Since as soon as he could grasp things...now he goes to sleep every nap-time rubbing his blanket's tag against his cheek. It is getting very worn and raveled! I am thinking of making him a quilt with ribbon 'tags' all around the edge.

Niecey said...

Aw what a difference in 6 months.
Good luck with all the packing. I don't enjoy it at all.