Monday, March 2, 2009

The Final Stretch

Well, here we go -- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. That's it! Only 4 more days to put up with a big belly and kung-fu going on inside of it! There are those convinced I will go into labor before Friday but so far I'm just not seeing the signs of it. I'm at peace with knowing the Lord is in control, whatever the outcome. Any guesses on baby size? I don't have a specific guess, but Madison was 8 lb. 5 oz. and, if I had to guess, I think I'd go with bigger vs. smaller. We'll find out!

Aside from counting down to the new birth, Madison hit 19 months last week. Was it really that long ago we were going to the hospital having her? Wow. She went from infant to toddler so fast in just the past few months. Matt & I also celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last week. I've been joking with Matt, "Ready for a sleepover getaway next weekend?" Of course, a weekend getaway at the hospital isn't the most romantic of vacation destinations.

This past Saturday was a special and almost bittersweet day for us. We were actually home together as a family all day (for probably the first time in a month), and it was just a sweet, relaxing time. It was a little bittersweet though because it was the last time we'd spend a full day together as our little family of 3. We eagerly look forward to welcoming the new arrival but at the same time, it will change the dynamics of our family and never quite be the same again. So we treasured the time together.

2 comments:

Niecey said...

I'm so excited for you!

Gosh, I remember being pregnant with Lana, and holding Kaya while I sobbed and cried, thinking of how I was about to change her world and she had no idea. She was going to have so much less attention, things would never be the same, he'd have to share her house, her toys and hr mum and dad. And she was blissfully unaware while I sat and snuggled with her and cried. I felt so guilty for was I was about to inflict on her.

But man oh man, now I realise, I wasn't taking anything away from her! I was giving her the most wonderful thing I've ever given her; a sister, a companion, a friend for life. They are inseparable now. They fight, they play, they make up shows and dances and stories, they race, they hug, they dress up together, they teach each other, support each other, forgive each other and stand up for each other. They need each other and adore each other. I'm so glad I "inflicted" his upon her.


It's going to be wonderful. Wish I could be there just now. I hope you get pics up as soon as you are able. I'll be praying for you.

Kinsleys5 said...

Yep -- Madison definitely needs a little sister/companion and we're excited it's only days away. I think she'll have no problem adjusting since she loves babies and is not a particularly clingy kid.

Yesterday she was dancing around the room with her 2 cousins, laughing & crazy. I commented, "This is why we're having more children... The fact that she is out there dancing around with them means we don't have to!" They have way more energy. ;-)